Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Whirlpool machine awg 349/4. I smell it burning. can it be repaired. the drum will turn by

whirlpool machine awg 349/4. I smell it burning. can it be repaired. the drum will turn by hand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It switches on but will not run or fill with water.Can it be repaired effectivley.
whirlpool machine awg 349/4
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If you set the washer to a spin only cycle will the drum turn?
Also if you turn the drum by hand do you hear a clicking noise from there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drum turns by hand with no clicking noise. It will also complete a drain and spin cycle with no burning smell.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok so it will run a spin cycle ok without any burning smells?When you set it on a wash you say it wont run or fill with water is this still the same?If you try a rinse only will it fill with water? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried it with a small load and it washes and spins ok without any smell of burning. Would it have been the machine struggling under a heavy load and the 'bushes' burning and are they easily replaced if they are the problem ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Its possible under a heavy load it struggles. So maybe worth trying it on a rinse and spin on a full load and see how it goes from there
But if it is the brushes they are quite easy to replace. You need to remove the motor from the back of the washer and then at the back of the motor you will see the carbon brushes in the plastic holders and you can swap them over from there.