Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bush A127QW washing machine has a problem with the

Hi - my Bush A127QW washing machine has a problem with the quick wash program. It runs for 15 mins instead of 30 before saying it is over but then the door doesn't open. There is no visible water inside. The only way I can open it is to run an extra rinse/spin cycle then the door opens as normal. The other programs seem to work fine. Will pay full amount if you can resolve this quickly.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

So is it only the quick wash cycle thats doing this?

If so the it will be the control board at fault. As if it was the heater, pump, motor, or water valve then it will do it on all the cycles. So as the other cycles work ok then you can rule out all the above parts as they will be working ok.

Its possibley a programming fault on the main eeprom of the control board messed up. As these are factory programmed theres no way or rebooting them as it has to be done by the factorys that produce them.

So to cure this the control board would need to be replaced. But thats if you are able to get hold of the part. As parts for these Bush and Swan appliances are very hard to get hold off. As they are cheaper machines made for Argos so basically its a throw away washer so getting parts is hard. But if you can get hold of it then you are looking at about the £100 mark.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.