Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi washing machine. Model no zwg6141p. It will not always fill with water .

Customer Question

I have replaced the cold water inlet valve which worked great for three wash cycles , it has stopped again half way through the cycle and will not accept water and rinse the washing
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set the washer going on a spin cycle and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the leds will go out and then the start light will flash.
You need to count the number or red flashes then the number of green flashes and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good evening
3 red flashes Daniel
Neil
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** green flashes did you get as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel I have done it correctly this time
3 red flashes
8 green flashes
Cheers Neil
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for at. This error code is E38 which means the pressure switch isnt getting the corretc signal that its filling.

What you need to do is check the belt is still in place as this can cause the error code. I assume it will be as you say it did work.

If thats all ok then remove the top of the washer and you will see the pressure switch on the right hand side.
It will have a thin hose going to the bottom of it.
Remove this hose and blow hard down it to clear the pressure chamber. Also remove the hose if you can and inspect it. Make sure there isnt any holes or splits on the hose. As sometimes the hose can rub on the drum and puts a hole in it.

But if the hose is fine and blowing through it never cured it then the pressure sensor is the fault here and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will check both the hose and the sensor
Belt is fine .
I will let you know
Thanks Neil
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries. Thought the belt would be fine but thats a possible fault as well for the error code.