Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

In 1997 we purchased a Franke ARGX654 Oatmeal Granite Right

In 1997 we purchased a Franke ARGX654 Oatmeal Granite Right Hand Sink. This has given good service until recently when it became evident that the rubber seals on the 'push down' shut/open valves have been leaking.
Our question is - is it possible to obtain replacement seals or replacement ' push down' shut/open valves.
Jean Ashenden
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , do you mean the internal rubber seals?
If you can't get the original , I'm sure you can obtain something that will work .the best thing to do is dismantle the tap and take the inside cartridge to a local plumbers merchant, not a b and q or wicked, and they keep hundreds of different o rings ,seal etc.
Some plumbers don't want to get involved running around for these as there time isn't always paid to do it .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not talking about TAPS - I'm talking about the 'plugs fitted to the base of each of the two sinks i.e. the thing you push down before you go and fill the sink with water. At the moment the sinks will not hold water for long due to the seals on the plugs having deteriorated. My quest is where can I get new seals or complete 'New' plugs?
OK , do you mean these?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Strainer-McAlpine-bwstss-top-chrome/dp/B003FNPZNG
If not could you attach a photo?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES that is the thingy I've been trying to describe to you - I need either new rubber seals or complete replacement assemblies - can you advise items compatible with my Franke sink?
Yes they will fit your Franke's sink ,
But here is a genuine Frank's one .
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GENUINE-FRANKE-BASKET-STRAINER-WASTE/dp/B004V4HUKO/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1444848296&sr=1-1&keywords=Franke+sink+plug
All the best