Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Michael,Got a Main Combi Eco boiler installed 4 years ago, but now

Customer Question

Hi Michael,
Got a Main Combi Eco boiler installed 4 years ago, but now having problems with the heating which isn't coming on (the hot water works). I thiought it was the control unit, which is a Siemens RCR10/433, but after tinkering around with the transmitter and receiver, the receiver is now showing solid green and ***** *****ghts indicating it is working, yet the boiler will still not activate normally and bring the heating on.
I have just now turned the house electrics master switch to off to enable to receiver to reset, and this temporarily enabled the heating to come on (hurrah!) but when I switched it off with the timer and tried to switch it on again, it failed to come back on again (doh!).
Any clues please?
Many thanks,
Rob.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , sorry but Michael is not around answering questions at the moment.
May I help?
Have you tried the override button on the reciever?
Some times the reciever led can show green as reciever but not be switching to fire up the boiler. This can be checked by seeing if the switched live in the boiler wiring has power .
If it is working then it will be a boiler issue. Most likely the boiler central hear ng temp sensor