AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

I have a Rangemaster Toledo 90. How much does the gap need

Customer Question

I have a Rangemaster Toledo 90. How much does the gap need to be between the cooker and the base units. The instructions say 75mm above the hotplate level which is fine, but the fitter says it needs to be 75mm each side of the cooker and the base units. The kitchen company who designed the kitchen says 10mm each side.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.It appears that your designer is the correct one in the situation.See the picture below on the requirements.75 mm between the cooker and side walls ABOVE the cooker, not at the cookerAt the cooker, the top MUST be level with the side cabinets to keep items from falling onto the cookerThe 10 mm the designer left between the cooker and cabinets is to allow for the removal of the cooker for cleaning and maintenance as posted in the manual. So they did correctlyI would ask your installer, WHERE they are getting their information, as it is not in the instructions for the cooker Thanks