Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My awz8577 has stopped working no lights main fuse is ok

Customer Question

my awz8577 has stopped working no lights main fuse is ok
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If theres no lights at all comming on the display of the dryer and the power supply and fuse is fine then its either the mains filter or the control board.
What you need to do is remove the top panel of the dryer and there at the back you will see the mains filter that has the power cable going to it.
Now you need a multimeter to test this and check theres 230v there.
If so then follow the wires to the control board and again check there is 230v there as well.
If there isnt then the mains filter is the fault. But if there is 230v at the control board then the control board is the fault and will need to be replaced to cure this im afraid.
Check that and see what you find from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me.