George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a fault code error of E20 coming up on the washing machine

I have a fault code error of E20 coming up on the washing machine - what does this mean?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the Model Number or the PNC from the label inside the door opening please.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ewx14450W

On that model Duncan, the washer is informing you that there is a problem draining the water inside.

Check the filter housing for debris.. Make sure the impeller on the pump is rotating.

Please rate the assistance given by me today...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where will I find the filter housing

and how do I make sure the impeller is rotating (wherever that is?)

Is there any water still in the appliance Duncan.. If there is, then drain it by means of a pan or other utility. Place some towels into the appliance to soak the remainder of the water.

Place some towels on the floor in front of the appliance to soak any water exiting the filter housing.

Behind the kickpanel/plinth... is the opening to the filter housing... Turn the filter front to unscrew it..

Remove the filter and remove any debris from it..

Look into the rear of the filter housing and you'll see an impeller (similar to a propeller on a ship). Using a long slim object, turn the impeller to ensure its freedom from jams.

Put the appliance on a Spin/Drain program to test that the pump is working.

regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - thanks for that. Will see how I go - cheers Duncan

On your machine, the filter opening is not hidden behind the plinth but is as highlighted in yellow in the picture below:

graphic