George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

CDA dishwasher, salt and rinse aid is full but it doesn't seem

Customer Question

CDA dishwasher, salt and rinse aid is full but it doesn't seem that the water is going through. The cycle starts but then cuts off within 5 minutes. I have tried different programmes but no look.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you supply the model number please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello George, it's wc431. Thanks
Does water enter the tank during this time?

Are there any sounds like buzzing or humming?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No to both, just usually machine sounds
Are there any lights lit on the controls?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can select the programme and delay if needs be. It runs for 5 minutes then stops and beeps. Has an 'F' flashing at the same time
Try this..

Start a program

Tell me exactly what you hear and see from that point until it stops... but, before it stops, open the door.. Tell me if there is water in the appliance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Programme selected, nothing flashing on controls can hear working noises as machine fires up (similar to a washing machine, kind of a hum) I've taken the basket from the bottom and that seems wet but water doesn't enter the rest of the machine
The faint hum of a pump maybe?