George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Long shot really! my 15 year old washing machine WFK2801

Hi, long shot really! my 15 year old washing machine WFK2801 Bosch, went CLICK and turned off 3/4 way through a 70 odd minute 30c easy care cycle, the red count down led went out and looked like machine dead, a slight smell of burnt electrics, but the main power light still on, i turned it on and off a few times and just a sort of solenoid click after about 15 seconds, then i managed to get the soaking wet washing out, water still in drum up to bottom of drum just below drum holes, the machine has only been used a maximum10 times a year since new probably only 6-8 a year in reality !!, so maybe 100-130 full washes in total absolute max. The power light is still ok, did not blow the plug fuse, ive taken machine outside now, took the back off and it looks brand new, shame to throw it away!! would you think its now as dead as a DODO? cheers, Mike
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike, my name is George..
It sounds like the control board behind the fascia panel is blown. If you can let me know the ENR number then I can see if a replacement board is available for you
Please rate the assistance given & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** 7810 00698, is it a bad job to take the front upper switch panel bit off? i did undo a few screws to have a tenetative look but it seemed well on, oh, btw, i did manage a "fix" on my other bosch, a fridge freezer a kgv 3104 a while back by cutting and joining a few wires behind the top panel to bypass some sensor built in the back panel insulation, so i do like a challenge ! Mike
Remove the lid and you should see the board.
Obviously double check that it is this part that is gone before purchasing, as there is also a power module for this model that is no longer available.
Operating module 00263905 Still available at £99.48 from Bosch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** should be able to visually see something like a bit of melting or heat/burning on the board after taking the top cover off the machine then or will I need to strip the control board out to inspect for damage? Im betting its going to be the power module thing you said knowing my luck then !
Hopefully with you saying you could smell it, it will be the board that is available.
Please leave me a rating when you are ready.
regards
George
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks, ***** ***** a 263905 for £42 brand new, and a 263909 for £152 both gen bosch, I think i will buy a new machine if it needs the £152 bit !! will take the top off in the morning and have a look, hopefully its the pcb !! I pay you now. Cheers, Mike