Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I need to replace the cupboard door hinge reinforcement plate

Customer Question

I need to replace the cupboard door hinge reinforcement plate on the inside of the front casing of a AEG built in washer dryer. Model L61470WDBI. How do I get inside the front casing to replace the plate
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
On these models theres 2 versions of that plate. Some were held in by screws on the inside of the cabinet and on the other its on the outside.
If its on the outside on this model then its easyer. Open the door and remove the plastic clamp around the door seal and then you can uplip the door seal.
With that off make sure its unplugged and then you can reach in behind the front panel and hold the plate and undo the screw from the outside and you can swap it over from there.
But if the screw holding the plate are on the inside then you need to remove the front panel. To do this its as below.
Pull the washer out and remove the metal top panel.
Then remove the soap drawer and remove the screws around the dispenser box and then you need to remove the front plastic control panel.
Then with that removed you will see 2 screws one either side holding the front panel to the cabinet, Remove them screws.
Then remove the door seal and the screws holding the door lock on.
Then lean it backwards and theres 3 screws on the bottom of that panel.
Remove them and then you can lift it off from there and then you can access the plate from there and swap it over.
Fingers crossed its the easy version and you can do it in place without removing it and taking the panel off.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I followed your instructions and it all worked as described. The new plate is fitted and the machine is back to work!!Thank you very much.