Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Why does my fridge only work with door open .

Customer Question

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes please I still need answer

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  dantheman2008 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.I am Daniel, and will do what I can to assist you. Please do not rate me until we are done. Feel free to ask as much as you need. Just so I fully understand your problem, tell me what you mean by it only works with the door open. Do you mean you can only hear the motor running with the door open, or when the door is closed it struggles to stay cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

o ly

only here motor with open . If leave switch hanging fridge will go so cold it freezes

When a fridge door is opened, obviously ambient temperature air is allowed to enter the fridge and 'warm it up'the thermostat detects this, and starts the compressor in an attempt to cool it down.If you do not hear the compressor running when the door is closed, it either means that is it managing to maintain a constant temperature and therefore he compressor is not needed (this is the ideal scenario and means your fridge is very efficient), or the other cause is that the thermostat is no detecting when the compressor needs to operate and therefore not staying cold.Which is it? If you have not already, a small thermostat placed inside the fridge (preferably near the middle) at all times will give you a good indication of what is going on. I personally aim to keep mine at 4 degrees. You ay well need to adjust the knob to turn it 'up or down'