George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

After switching the larger of my two ovens off yesterday, the

After switching the larger of my two ovens off yesterday, the fan remained on for several hours. In the end I turned the whole appliance off at the mains switch. I turned it on this morning and the fan came back on immediately. Any suggestions?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you supply the Make and Model of the cooker please
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
E Number U 1442NO GB/03 FD8610. Neff built in eye level twin oven.
Regards K&M
Can you tell me if it is the fan at the inside rear of the oven that has remained on, or is it the fan that blows through the opening above the oven?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's the fan blowing through the opening above both ovens.
There is a thermal limiter inline with the cooling fan.. This will need replacing.
Please rate the assistance given, but please kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks. I guess I need to contact Neff to get this done. One last question, will the ovens still work properly for cooking purposes? I'm hoping to bake a batch of bread!
I would think so, the fan you can hear is a cavity cooling fan and works only as such...
Pre-heat the oven first though to ensure that temperature is fully reached.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much. Bye bye.