George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Why has my Panasonic NNV623MF completely stopped working? The

Customer Question

Why has my Panasonic NNV623MF completely stopped working? The fuse inside hasn't blown.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

There is a Thermal Cut-out just above the Magnetron.. Check its continuity.. If the magnetron has overheated then this will have tripped.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello George
Thanks for that but I'm not familiar with electronics in microwaves.What is a Magnetron and how can I identify it please? Also,what does the Thermal cutout look like ?
Guy

The Magnetron is the part in the microwave that produces the microwaves

graphic

The TOC is a Thermal Overload Cutout and it protects the parts of the microwave from overheating or fire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again George.
I've got the pics Thankyou.
I'll check the thermal cut out,but if has blown then is it safe to replace it or is the Magnetron faulty too and also needs replacing ?
Guy
Hi Guy, sorry I have not been around to answer you... Yes it is safe to change the TOC and then retry the appliance;... also check the cooling fan is rotating at the rear of the appliance as if this is not working then the system will overheat again.

If the TOC trips agian then the Magnetron will also need changing.

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George.
Thanks for advice but I can't find any part that resembles the TOC that you mentioned along with the pic.The only part that looks similar is the lamp for the interior light.Where is it please ?
My applologies Guy, I have just looked at the diagrams for your appliance and it seems that you do not have a toc fitted to your appliance..

Your appliance has a small power board with a 16A Fuse and a 10A Ceramic Fuse.. Check both fuses.. If both are good, then it is likely the Inverter and Magnetron that are gone

If the 16A Fuse is OC then check for burnt door switches or cables.

If the 16A Fuse is ok, then is is likely an inverter problem.

regards
George