Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Can a new installation of a boiler in a loft , can I use a

Can a new installation of a boiler in a loft , can I use a horizontal flue coming out the pitched roof , the glowworm boiler installed already is like this
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Not ideal, but yes as long as it is far enough out of the roof and not near any openings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no , the customer would not pay for a roofer so wants existing , but couldn't find it any where in the mi
Treat it as through a wall but maintain the minimum distances.There is nothing in the gas regs saying you cant fit it like that, but there is nothing in the MI saying how to fit it like that.One problem would be that the flue has to be laid to a fall backwards, technically rainwater could run down the flue back into the building through the lead slate.