Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Neff Quantum Speed microwave and the start button

Customer Question

We have a Neff Quantum Speed microwave and the start button will not action
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number, usually when the start button goes bad you will have to replace the board ...________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Our Neff microwave model no E-Nr B7740N0GB/02 FD(###) ###-####

Thanks for that, can you please elaborate the problem ? When you press the start button nothing will work just the light comes on the control ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The microwave seems fine, all lights operate normally, all controls operate normally including the stop button which feels good.

But none of the systems will start because of the start button which feels very spongy. No matter how gentle or hard the start button is pressed, it will not action any of the operations. This failure had been getting progressively worse over many weeks until it failed completely.

The microwave is about 11 years old but seems in very good condition except for the fault. It has had very little and light use

Thanks for that, the problem seems to be with the start button ... you will have to replace the membrane however, I dont think that is available as separate part as it is 11 years old ... replacing the control board will cost around £140 including labor________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks