Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

My heating system is controlled by a Danfoss TS715Si Timeswitch

Customer Question

Hi, my heating system is controlled by a Danfoss TS715Si Timeswitch which recently began to default to factory settings every day.
I tried the full reset as the instructions but to no avail so I bought a replacement timeswitch which I have fitted but the problem remains, even after resetting this one too.
Do you have any advice ?
Thanks, Doug
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , that is really odd, I wonder if there is a manufacturing fault. Is it within years warranty ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The replacement is brand new, but it can't be a coincidence that the original one which has worked for 6 years and the new one have the same problem.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong on the reset but I'm following instructions on the manual.
Hi , can you unmount the unit from the wiring back plate and check the dip switches? They are small black switches .they are for setting if you want 7 or 5 day 2 off .if you want the same every day or different at weekends.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both the original and replacement units have the DIL switches as per the instructions - 1,2 and 4 down and 3 up
OK
So you reset and how far did you get programming the days and times?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It accepts all the new times and seems all is well but the next day it has reverted to default settings
After you enter the times and temperatures, you then press the prog button to run?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes and it works fine using the revised on/off times until the next day
Hi , its got to be a manufacturing fault. Give me 10 mins , thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have little confidence that you will come up with a solution so will not be paying anything further - if you do solve the problem then I will make additional payment.
Hi , I phoned Danfoss technical, there are no reported manufacturing faults they are aware of .you must be doing something wrong in the process.
However I have the instructions in front of me too as do you , and I really would be repeating what you are reading unless we were to through it together , but its very hard like this as it takes a long time . do you want to talk overcthgev phone?