George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Zanussi ZRC234W, bought 7 years ago. It still works

I have a Zanussi ZRC234W, bought 7 years ago. It still works fine, but it is beginning to give off a whiff of sulphur dioxide. Can this be fixed, or do I need to switch it off immediately and set about buying a replacement?
***** *****
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Ann, my name is George..

Can you indicate the make and type of appliance please... also supply a PNC or product code if possible.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The make and type of appliance, together with the product code, was in the first line of the question I asked!!
Free-standing Zanussi fridge with ice-box: ZRC234W.
The product code is a set of numbers beginning with 91..
I need this information to identify the exact makeup of your appliance.
The information can be found on the label inside the fridge.
If you can find this I will respond to your question in the morning Ann..
kind regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing beginning with 91. There is something called a product number:###-##-####- 01.
Ann
Ann, thank you for that information.. that is the number I needed. Can you tell me if the freezer box of the appliance is still working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said at the beginning, the whole appliance is working fine. It's just the smell outside it that is puzzling and worrying.
***** *****
In that case, before expending on a new appliance, can you check inside and behind the fridge..
1. On the top of the compressor is a drainage tube that leads from the inner back panel of the fridge into the condensation tray... Please check that the contents of the condensation tray is not the cause of the odour.
2. Please also check that the drainage hole at the back of the fridge interior is free to drain, and that the area underneath the salad trays are no fouled with water.
regards
George