Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

There is a leak from the taps on my Blanco Kitchen sink. The

There is a leak from the taps on my Blanco Kitchen sink. The taps are Blancocleo, BM6100
A plumber has not been able to fix the problem and suggested getting in touch with Blanco
supplier. I live in Dublin, Ireland, and have not been able to find an agent. Would
replacement taps solve the problem and is this model (or suitable alternative) available?
Mary
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , where exactly is the problem coming from ? Is it dripping from the tap spout?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and it has varied for some time, sometimes dripping rapidly, others not at all. Last few days nonstop dripping.
Plumber had a look and apparently it is not just a matter of replacing a washer. He seemed to think the tap assembly would
need to be removed and suggested getting in touch with Blanco supplier.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , yes if it is a half or quarter turn tap it will have a cartridge. These unscrew and can be replaced. Sometimes a plumbers merchant will have the one you need . I usually take it down to them to see if they have it .but here is a half turn cartridge.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BLANCO-replacement-ceramic-quarter-cartridge/dp/B00NCYPCFE
Here is a quarter turn cartridge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, That seems like a possible solution and cheaper than replacing the taps. I now have to find a local Blanco
source.