AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

I have 2 Bosch built in ovens and I cannot remove the light

Customer Question

I have 2 Bosch built in ovens and I cannot remove the light bulb cover to replace the bulb.
Any ideas?
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Can you elaborate on what the actual difficulty is in trying to remove the cover?Please provide the make and model and then we can hopefully access the procedure and provide additional details. Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they are Bosch built in ovens. The problem I have is that, if I need to change the light bulb inside the oven, I can't remove the glass cover- I turn it , but nothing happens. I've tried so many times, but the cover won't move.

Ok, understand.Please provide the make and model and then we can hopefully access the procedure and provide additional details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the make is BOSCH and the model nr is:HBN43M5.1B

Ok, thanks for the extra details.What happens, is the oven heating cooling, will gauld the cover into the threads and create a stuck lens.Do this very CAREFULLY:Take a damp towel and wrap on the lens, if you have one those Rubber mats that let you open jars easily, it is much better and still may be needed if you do not have one.This allows to actually Grip the lens. The damp towel helps if the rubber mat is not availableWrap the towel around the cover and then while applying pressure to turn it Counter Clockwise, you will tap the lens EXTREMELY LIGHTLY near where the base screws into the holder.Keep this light tapping and pressure to turn and most times it gives away to release and finish unscrewing. If you do not have the rubber mat and it hasnt given way after that attempt, you might pick one up and then try once more.It is best if 2 people can do this, one to apply pressure and one to tap lightly.This allows equal pressure with 2 hands on the cover. Keep me posted on the situation, and please be careful with the globe tapping and pressure.Thansk
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.Otherwise, if you have all the information necessary-please don’t forget to perform the rating, so that I may receive credit for assisting on the situation.It is appreciated