George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Belling freestanding electricalr

I have a Belling freestanding electrical cooker and the timer panel shows the symbol of the bowl with flames coming out of it (I can find no mention of it in the Manual);the correct time but also the dot which can be activated to change the time.It did also have the bell symbol which I have got rid of but I want to remove the dot which when flashing enables the time to be altered and what I call the bowl with flames coming out of it.Any suggestions as to what I should do
Philip XXXXXXX
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Philip, my name is George..
The dot in the center of the time has to remain... This is there to let you know when you are able to adjust the time and when the time is in working mode as such.
The 'bowl with flames' also has to stay.. This is to indicate that the oven is in Manual mode and the symbol will only disappear when the oven is in timer mode, at which time it will be replaced by an 'A' or 'Auto' symbol.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.