KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My whirlpool oven doesn't seem to be working properly. I

Customer Question

Hi my whirlpool oven doesn't seem to be working properly. I have the 'stop' sign on the control panel. Any ideas how to fix?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... to reset the oven:Turn the left hand knob to off...then turn the power onto the machine.When it shows stop, press the button below the display.If the button works, the word goes out and a cursor appears at the bottom of the screen.Press the button repeatedly until you get the cursor to the far right of the display.Turn the right knob to set the time... it should work after doing this...if it wont then control will have to be replaced___________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for the reply.When I turn the dial to off is it the - sign or the o sign?I have tried both anyway and followed your instructions but oven still won't heat up. Any further advice and can you give me an idea of how much it would cost to fix the control?

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks.

Do I have to pay each time I need an answer?

It is the - sign but as you have tried both and still it wont heat then the problem is with the thermostat or the control that is bad and will need replacement... the cost of repair will be £130 including labor depending on the part that will need replacement.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks