KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Whirlpool ADP 5600 PC gives 8 flashes. Manual says its draining

Customer Question

Whirlpool ADP 5600 PC gives 8 flashes. Manual says its draining problem but its not. I manually filled it with water and it drained perfectly fine. Just not taking new water and not starting cycle and gives 8 flashes
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... this error code indicates water level failure..with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and lay it on its back by around 45 degrees, after this is done remove the base of the appliance and then clean the drain pump completely...make sure nothing the drain hose is not clogged.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Like i said before the dishwasher is draining water perfectly fine nothing is clogged and drain pump is clean.

That is what the error code indicates... the float switch and sump has to be cleaned as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't locate float anywhere on the floor of the dishwasher. Sump is cleared. I aint expert but if the washer is draining perfectly fine just not starting new cycle i am thinking its something with water inlet valve or pressure switch even though the error code says otherwise. Is it possible ?

Please check this Image of water level sensor... the error code suggests water level failure which means if the drain pump is clean then we have to check the inlet valve and make sure it is not clogged...if it is not then it is the inlet valve that will need replacement...