KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a hotpoint washer model hv 8b593g g motor does not

Hi I have a hotpoint washer model hv 8b593g g motor does not turn drum
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... how old is it ? and when were the brushes replaced ?________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the machine is only 19 months old and does not have brushes apparently the new style motor without brushes keep getting ticking noise from motor when drum supposed to be turning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my reply
OK I dont think it is the motor that goes bad so early but after reading the information that you have provided a new motor will cost around £90 all inclu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying it is definitely the motor? And nothing else that would cause the problem
Yes if you want you can test it with multimeter