canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a Swift Challenger 530 caravan fitted with a C250 cassette

I have a Swift Challenger 530 caravan fitted with a C250 cassette toilet fitted with its own header tank. My wife and i were cleaning the carpets in the 'van when the toilet started flushing on its own accord. By the time I removed the cassette and pulled the one and only purple fuse the header tank had emptied itself. The only way I could stop the pump running was by removing the push button switch assembly on the inside of the 'van and separating the switch contacts which had stuck together. I replaced the fuse and all went well for a week. While we were caravanning in Aviemore last weekend the toilet suddenly refused to flush. I removed the switch assembly but the contacts on the push button were okay. The fuse appears to be okay but still no joy. Have you a solution to the problem please. I look forward to your reply. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Often this is a symptom of a faulty control board. Sometimes the board will get a little bit of moisture in it and removing it and drying it out will solve the issue. It may need replacement but removing it and letting it dry out then replacing it may very well solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Mike. I have tried drying out the circuit board using hairdryer without success so it looks like I need replacement. Thanks for your help. Regards, ***** *****

You are very welcome. I am glad to help. You can still comment or ask questions even after positively rating my service. I will always respond. Mike