Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have an Ideal Esprit boiler with an rf receiver Honeywell

I have an Ideal Esprit boiler with an rf receiver for a Honeywell CM927 Thermostat. The LCD screen in the 927 packed in so I bought a new one. How do I get the receiver in the boiler set to receive signals form the new thermostat. The in-boiler receiver has one red LED and one push button
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Try this;http://www.honeywelluk.com/documents/installation-guide/pdf/1069.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Andrew

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately this get's me no further. I already have the instruction booklet for the CM927. It refers to a receiver unit different to the one I have installed in the Esprit boiler.

Oh dear.
Is it possible to upload a picture to identify both the transmitter and receiver.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

old thermostatnew thermostat

You need to do a full reet.
It is strange you brought a transmitter and not both parts as they are usually paired units?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Andrew.

Sorry about double copies of the photos. I am new to this system.

I wish I had bought a pair now but thought at the time it was only the transmitter that was faulty.

A full reset sounds like a plan. Can you advise please what I have to do for a full reset?

ok, turn off the power to the boiler and receiver.remove the batteries in the transmitter and sit it under the boilerwait 5 minutesturn on the power and reinsert the bateriesthe two units should reync if they are able
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried it Andrew.

Still no joy

I think you will have to buy a new RF kit.Sorry