Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an issue with the pyrolytic program in my Miele

Customer Question

I have an issue with the pyrolytic program in my Miele H 5681 BP oven.
When I run the program, the remaining time of the program is displayed on the control panel.
The problem is:
Around 10 minutes before the program is ending the remaining time suddenly “jump” to around one hour and 30 minutes and then the remaining time continue to count down, but when the remaining time reaches zero the oven continue with the program. The only way to stop it is by pressing on On/Off sensor or by pressing on ‘Cancel’ key.
The first time its happened I navigated to the service menu section in the control panel (by pressing a combination of On/Off sensor and Timer sensor) and under ‘Fault’ I found the error F23 (The temperature required for pyrolytic cleaning was not reached)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your oven?ALso is your the gas or electric model?And does it work ok when using it set to say 350? Will it get to temp, and hold it?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The oven is 7 years old, electric model.

It works well when I set it to a specific temperature

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so you only have this problem during a cleaning cycle is that correct?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.This cold be one of two things, it could be the clock timer board that needs to be replaced. But also the temp sensor is the most likely cause of this and its much less expensive;-) This sensor reads in analog and when they fail all kinds of things can happen. But the symptom you describe sounds like the temp probe is bad.Its easy to replace and I will help you if you need me, no extra cost for that.Are you in the US or the UK?ThanksTech Mchael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible that the temp probe is bad but still the other programs working well?

By the way, I am from Israel

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes it is. I wouldn't believe it myself at first thought but I had that exact symptom and that fixed it.The reason is it works with varying voltages to determine the temp for the controller.I would try that then if that doesn't solve the issue you can replace the control board.It still could be the controller thats bad but the cheapest way is replace the temp sensor and let me know if that did it.I would say you can test the temp probe but this one seems to at up under only certain conditions.So testing it would be difficult at best and the new probe isn't much anyway. The best place to get that is: Espares: I would call them to be sure you get the correct part also they don't list all parts on their site.Sales0844 9777 888After sales0333 4007 888Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank HolidaysFor security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.Please rate kindly so I can stick with you, no cost to you for that;-)Have a wonderful day!Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Do you know the part number? How can I describe to Espares which part I need? There is only one Temp sensor in the oven?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** *****'t have the part # ***** they will;-) All you need to tell them is that its the temp sensor for the oven. They will know what you need.If you look in your oven, look on ceiling of the oven do you see a probe sticking out?That would be the temp probe, its easy to replace and I will help you with that wen you have the part, no extra cost, and you only need a few basic hand tools no soldering etc.Give them a call on this its a common part to fail lol;-)Please rat eat this time so we can stick together until we are sure this is fixed properly.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot. I know exactly which part you mean. I will call them on Monday.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds great I will be here if you have any trouble! Have a good one!Tech Mike