George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The door on my Classixx semi integrated dish washer - SMI50C06GB/04

the door on my Classixx semi integrated dish washer - SMI50C06GB/04 - will not stay closed during opperation. It usually gets about 5 minutes into a cycle and then stops because the door catch has released. On inspection the door frame appears to be distorted which is probably the cause of the problem. Is this a design fault? is there a fix or is the dishwasher junk?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

This problem is usually solvable by replacing the door lock 00630628

When the door lock becomes weak, it is compromised by the internal pressure of the dishwasher as the heat inside the dishwasher increases

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't thnk there is anything wrong with the door lock. Last evening I was out with friends, I mentioned my dishwasher problem and found that a friend had the same problem on a similar machine; it would appear that this is a common problem with the Classixx range of dishwashers.. It seems that the door frame is made of plastic, it distorts in use and releases the door catch. It appears the only long term solution is to get a Bosch technician in to fit a metal plate to stop the distortion.

It turns out that this design fault is not the only one with this dishwasher, when the top basket is fully loaded the back interior wall distorts and also requires a modification.

The baseline is that this Bosch dishwasher was not fit for purpose when I bought it, it is an fact a heap of junk that will be going where junk belongs.

Hello Alan,

I have given you my opinionof your issue, and that is one of experience. That experience is of all dishwashers, not just Bosch.

My opinion of the problem you have is as I have already suggested to you; but if you choose to take the opinion of a friend, that is up to you.

Nevertheless, I do thank you for responding.

regards