George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

All my food is covered with frost, even unopened packets.

Customer Question

All my food is covered with frost, even unopened packets. The repair men say it is not the fault of the freezer but the way the stores handle their food. It happens right throughout the year. At least there is no ice all over the baskets now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to sign up to any monthly payment. I am a pensioner and cannot afford it. I just wanted some facts that I could put to hotpoint when I complain. So would you please cancel my payment.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
The problem you are having is usually caused by a bad door seal or bad insulation. Air transgresses the seal and on hitting the cold air inside the freezer the moisture in the air turns to snow/frost. When the door is then opened, some of the frost melts and then re-freezes to cause ice once the door is closed again.
Please rate the assistance given & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you for your reply. I am very upset that you think I want to sign up to a monthly payment. I have tried to cancel without success. It would be cheaper to buy a new freezer than pay this sort of money every month. I am already paying for a service package. Please remove my details from your list and deduct no more money from my account. I am a pensioner and cannot afford this monthly payment.
I am purely an engineer here to assist you with your appliance problem only.
All I ask of you is that you rate the assistance that I have given you.
The membership requests that you are receiving are automated requests that are sent by the Just Answer system and have nothing to do with me...
I have nothing to do with the payments you make .. Please do not accept any of the requests that are automatically sent to you by the system if you do not want them.
I will contact the moderators and advise them of the problems you are having and ask them to contact you with regard to removing you from any monthly payment they have set you up on.
If you continue to have problems with this; by all means, contact me, and I will attempt to assist.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did realise that it wasn't from you after I had replied and your advice was very good. Sorry for my knee jerk reaction. The first message I got back was that £20 had been taken out of my account and it would be taken monthly. Paying once was acceptable. This freezer I have broke down before it was a year old and has never seemed fit for purpose. I will be in touch with them again soon about it. I was worried about whether the quality and safety of the food is affected by all this frost.
If you can re-send me your rating I will gladly amend it. I am just saddened that in trying to sort out one problem I may have created another. However, thank-you for your advice and may I offer my apologies once again.
Hello, and thank you for rating my assistance.
I have contacted the moderators to request that they assist you with the problems you described relating to payments earlier. They should sort the problem for you, or be in touch with you soon.
Regarding your worry regarding degradation of the food product due to the ice/frost problem. The food you have should not be affected by the ice/frost, providing the appliance keeps the food in a constant frozen state.
Thank you for offering to re-rate... I thank you for that, but pleas, there is no need. Having already rated with a positive rating, you have done all that is necessary. If you attempt to re-rate, another payment may be taken and I wouldn't like that to cause you further distress.
You have no need to apologise; I did not feel affronted and did understand you disconcertion.
If you need any further assistance, please feel free to ask.
regards
George