Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just bought spare parts - freezer box door handle and

I have just bought spare parts - freezer box door handle and lock for my NEFF K5744X4GB02 fridge. I can't see how to fit them without breaking the assemblies. Any ideas?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am happy to continue to wait for an answer to my question.

John Willmore

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - herewith the exploded view of the way that the door assembly goes together which should help - http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/K5744X4GB/02
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid that the exploded view is insufficiently detailed. I know how the assembly should look when assembled. I just can't see how to assemble them to that configuration without breaking the assembly lugs.

OK leave it with me and I'll see if we have one in the workshop tomorrow when I go to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you had any further thoughts regarding the resolution of my request?

Thanks and regards

John

OK you have four parts that make up the item,
a. The handle
b. The latch
c. The door frame
d. The door seal
Remove the door seal from the frame
Fit the latch in to the handle with the catch facing outwards, its abit tricky but there is enough bend on the latch to allow you to locate the two pegs in the handle holes, note one end is cut at 45 degrees, this goes in last.
Once this is completed, fit the door handle complete with latch into the door frame, once again 45 degree cut last.
Refit the door seal and reconnect to icebox frame.
Job done, take it easy and its do-able.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your answer but I can't seem to make it work in my case and I can't see that removing the door seal from the door would help in any way. Looking at the exploded view, I have spare parts 05 9468 (Handle) and 09 2894 (Latch). The two parts combine easily to make an assembly but to install that assembly into the locating holes on the freezer door 37 5752 seems impossible without the breaking the one of the pegs on the latch. Your response seems to imply that one of the locating holes in the door (not the door frame?) is also cut out at 45 degrees like that on the handle but that is not the case. They are both uninterrupted holes. I can send you some photographs to illustrate the problem if you wish.

Thanks and regards

John

No not the holes one of the pegs is cut to 45 degrees to allow it to gently force the hole sideways enough to pop in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thanks for that. I've just found the cut and forced it in OK.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

John

OK would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below this allows me to close down the job on the system whilst letting you answer further question on a free of charge basis. Many thanks. - Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.