Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Fagor FWM 714 Washing machine and we have experienced

I have a Fagor FWM 714 Washing machine and we have experienced black/grey smudges on our washing which is particularly noticeable on light coloured bed linen. These appear intermittently and roughly in a line across the sheet. We do not overload and the smudges appear on when using any of the wash programmes.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
What this will be is a build up of muck in the drum between the door seal.
Open the door and were the seal is attched to the drum peel it back a bit and you will see its all gunged up there. Run a rag round the seal and clean it up.
Then you need to run a service wash on the washing machine itself. Set it going with nothing in on a 90 deg wash. Put a little bit of powder in there and let it boil itself clean.
You will need to do a few of these over the next week or so to fully clear the gunge from the drum. So do this say 3 times a week for 2 weeks and that should clear it.
Now you can buy washing machine cleaners from supermarkets like Dr Beckman as this will do it as aswell so if its not clearing as above you need to run a cleaner in there and that will do it.
Do the above and this will clear the fault from there. Now it will take a few washes for it to go but it will go in the end.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Daniel.We will do as you suggest