Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Since last week, my washing machine classixx WFO2466GB

Customer Question

hello, since last week, my washing machine classixx WFO2466GB washes with cold water, no matter what program I chose. Thanks in advance. Pat
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries.
It is most likely that your heater has failed and will need replacing, do you have access to/can you use a multimeter or do you have someone who can?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello Ian, First I thank you for the info.

Now, I need to know if I have to replace the heater or the whole appliance. (the other functions seem to be working OK)

Is it worth to replace the heater, or is it going to be cheaper to buy a new appliance ?

What is a multimeter ?

Thanks again.

Pat

Much cheaper for you to replace the heater which will be in the £20 to £25 retail price range. This is a quality washing machine and well worth this outlay. On the subject of the multimeter, if you dont know what one is Pat I would suggest that you get a local engineer in who will carry out the repair for you. If you need a reliable one let me know your postcode and I'll happily recommend one local to you. I would for this repair expect the total cost to be in the £80 area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Ian : I'd go for the replacement - and I happily follow yr advise to find a good local engineer so this is my postcode :

SE23 3QH

This washing machine deserves it !

Hi Pat, Here are two to choose from both cover your area, I would ask them to give you a verbal estimate over the phone and then select which one you like the sound of - ***** ***** Appliance Warehouse Services on 0208(###) ###-####or John Pereira Serac Engineering on 08448 844528 If you need further help come back to me (no extra cost) but in the meantime can I ask you to use the smiley faces below to rate the information given to you. Let me know how you get on - Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello Ian

John Pereira Serac Engineering promptly answer my questions and serviced the washing machine.

He was clear when explaining some technical problems my appliance had.

Many thanks again, Ian, for all your help !

Pat

A pleasure Pat, I've known both the engineers supplied to you for a number of years. Glad John sorted you out. Thank you for using just answer and if I can be of help in the future just drop me a line. Have a good weekend - Ian