Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My son has a Rangemaster 110 serial

Customer Question

Hi, my name is Peter.
My son has a Rangemaster 110 serial number(###) ###-####but lives in Australia at the moment. unable to sell the house he is renting it out to enable him to to pay his own rent.
I am therefore at home trying to sort out a problem for him.
The cooker hasn't been working properly and the tenants called out an engineer to resolve it.
the report states "the two ovens aren't getting to temperature and the hobs aren't lighting manually"
I have been informed that the required parts are obsolete, unobtainable, and therefore a new cooker is needed.
I would be pleased if you could let me know if parts are no longer being produced and if they were what parts would be needed for my own gas engineer to repair if he could source them elsewhere.
Much thanks for assisting me.
Peter Kneale
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - I have just had a quick look on the site and the model is not listed but could you leave this with me until tomorrow and I will sort out your query. The issue currently is that Rangemaster has just been bought out by an American company. Could you advise if this is a full natural gas, multifuel, electric or LPG cooker.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,
thank you. the cooker is natural gas powered only. Or at least there is only gas supplied to it.
Peter
OK Peter,
Leave it with me and I will get an answer for you tomorrow morning and come back to you.
Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for your answer Ian.
OK I spoke to Rangemaster direct earlier today and they confirmed that this appliance is now deemed to be obsolete. Spare parts that they hold are mainly those that fit other models. Bearing in mind that this is now a rental property I can give you a contact that will supply you with a cheaper replacement if you so wish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian. It's as bad as I feared.
I think he'll go local to replace.
Peter
No problems - if you need a contact give me a shout. Have a spooky weekend and take care.