Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Fridge temp is slowly dropping and the freezer is flashing

Fridge temp is slowly dropping and the freezer is flashing and also dropping (fridge down to 2 and freezer down to -8
Any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Could you let me have the Manufacturer and model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Miele Model KFN 8662 SD

OK thanks, ***** ***** is the actual question, is it just that the light is flashing or do you think you have a problem somewhere?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Both temperatures are 'falling' ie

Currently the Fridge is at 7 Deg (should be 4 Deg)

Currently the Freezer is at -7 Deg and flashing (should be at -18 Deg)

Assume this means the 'compressor' has stopped ie not cooling!

Any ideas or is a case of a 'new' Fridge/Freezer?

Can you switch it to fast freeze?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yellow fast freeze comes on but has no effect on the temp
OK can you hear the compressor running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes just as the appliance is tucked in corner of kitchen
OK well you have a fridge with automatic defrost but quite often this can get overwhelmed so can you confirm that the circulation is not blocked by ice? If it is clear of ice then you may have a system that is short of refrigerant or if neither of these then as you eluded to at the start you may have a compressor fault. Firstly check for ice and come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ice free so I've put on Fast Freeze overnight and will check in the morning but I've a feeling that it's a compressor fault!

We acquired this 'free' from friends a year ago so it could be around 4 years old!

FRIDAY 30th

Fridge now @ 18 and Freezer @ -9

Looks like I have to 'bit the bullet' and urgently purchase a new Fridge/Freezer!

Thanks for help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FRIDAY 30th

Fridge now @ 18 and Freezer @ -9

Thanks for help

OK sorry it went this way, would you now rate the service given to you using the smiley faces below. If I can be of further help please give me a call. Ian