Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I want to know how to re-new a regulator 35 year old

Customer Question

I want to know how to re-new a regulator for a 35 year old Creda Plan 4 plate hob,
as after replacing a 7" element which for some time had remained active after turning off
and finally blew. The new element is working o.k. but still active. I believe it would require a new regulator ? Could you please tell me
A -where it can be got-B - the part no. and correct name for it, and also how when I come to replace the regulator how the control knobs can be removed - they don't seem to pull off.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - if you can let me have the model number of the Creda and what make of energy regulator and its part number I will source you a replacement and help you fit it.