Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The cooker hood blows it doe not suck.

Customer Question

The cooker hood blows it doe not suck.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly let me have the model number of the hood so that I can look up the specifications and see what type it is. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

CDA EVP91SS Level 2 90cm Chimney Cooker Hood Stainless Steel

OK a quick question, is this a new installation or has the hood suddenly developed the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

New install.

OK can you confirm that is has a vent pipe attached and is not in re-circulatory mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I did not see your response. Yes it has a vent attached. How can I tell which mode it is in?

axel

I have just had a look at the installations instructions and whilst it refers to recirculation mode using charcoal filters it doesnt say where or how to change it over to direct extraction, usually there is a lever inside the cowl near the place where the motor goes into the chimnney that you move sideways. The other way of doing it is to take off the chimney cover and the extractor hose and you should be able to see the fan blades if not then you should be able to move the deflector out of the way. Finally once this is done run the extractor with the hose off and with a piece of paper see if the paper is help from dropping by the suction below.