Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Beko XL9 has stopped working. It will not allow me to select

My Beko XL9 has stopped working. It will not allow me to select a programme. The start button is just flashing. I have tried the 3 second reset to no avail
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries # ***** things first, please check that the drain pump is not blocked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Drain pump is not blocked

OK are you able to check the motor brushes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I am not in a position to check brushes or such. I just wanted to know how best to reset the settngs.

Maybe best if I call a local engineer on monday

Let me explain briefly how the machine works, if it has sensed a fault during a previous wash it will lock out. Reset will no help as this is more for you to cancel and change the program. You need to find out by elimination which component has failed, repair/replace and then reset and all should then work. If however you are not happy to do this then yes probably better if you call out a local engineer. If you need an engineer just give me your postcode and I will give you some to contact should you wish.