Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a black and decker leafblower / vacuum and the plastic

Customer Question

I have a black and decker leafblower / vacuum and the plastic tabs have broken on the vacuum section
This means the vacuum is not working is there any way of repairing this?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you let me have the part number and I will see what parts are available of if a repair is possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't think there is a parts number for this item

http://www.tesco.com/direct/blackdecker-gw2500-240v-leaf-blower-vacuum/742-0244.prd?skuId=742-0244&pageLevel=sku&sc_cmp=ppc_sh-_-sh-_-bg-_-742-0244&gclid=CJ22z5qz7cgCFYU_GwodQqUO8A&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the link where you can see the product

The bottom section lifts off from the handle so a blower or vacuum can be attached.

Each section has 2 plastic tabs designed to sit inside a recess and depress a switch which enables the fan to work. If the blower or vacuum are not attached a safety switch then disables the on/off switch

The tabs are complete on the blower but have been broken on the vacuum section which is disabling its operation totally

OK I have looked on the B&D sites that supply spares for their range and non are listed for this model although some are quite similar. I think your best option is to take it back to the company from where you purchased it and request their help. If that was Tesco then it is most likely that this is a special for them and from experience there will be no spares support at all.