Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Samsung fridge-freezer is creating ice at the bottom of

Customer Question

My Samsung fridge-freezer is creating ice at the bottom of the drawer in the freezer compartment which is causing the drawer to stick to it
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you let me have the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model No.RL38 SB SW.

Just give me a moment and I'll have a look at the specs - OK how good are you with a screwdriver and are you up to taking the fridge/freezer to bits?

Come back to me and I will explain what this entails - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where /what should I be taking apart

OK this is your problem, this appliance has no cooling at all in the refrigerator section is relies on cool air being ducted from the freezer into the fridge compartment. Inside the back of the freezer is a cover that houses the cooling compartment with the cold plate and fan that ducts things both into the freezer and the fridge. Behind this cover is a drain hole that allows water during a defrosting cycle to run outside of the freezer compartment into a dish on top of the motor outside at the back. What has happened is that the hole has frozen up and this defrosted water is collecting under the draw. You have two options, either put you food somewhere else and switch the fridge off for two days (48 hours) with the doors open or manually remove the back and defrost it, this is tricky as the cover will be brittle and there are wires to disconnect. Let me know your thoughts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think option 1 - defrost it over a 2 day period, it sounds much more

simpler and hope for the best. Thank you very much.

Your most welcome, if you have further questions do come back and look me up, its free from here on.