Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I am having trouble with my Fridge/freezer. Recently I have

I am having trouble with my Fridge/freezer. Recently I have had a lot of milk going off and so I purchased a new thermometer to see what the temp was in the fridge, overnight last night, this morning the fridge temp is 15 degrees centigrade/ 58 degrees Fahrenheit.
Nothing seems cold at all. The freezer is working OK
It is a Model FF200 LBP purchased Sept 2010. Been fine up till now
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 year ago.
Hi Margaret, Here are some of the standard things to consider: 1. Is the door closing properly? / could it have been left open?2. Is the door seal torn or damaged3. Is the fridge overfilled?4. Is it making any strange noises? Have you tried pressing Super Cool button (yellow light on\ to bring the temperature down? Let me know if that helps. Best Regards, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1.Yes the door is closing properly and no it has not been left open

2. Door seal is not torn or damaged

3. No - just the opposite as so many things have gone off

4. No more than usual.

I have tried the super cool button, doesn't seem to make any

difference at all.

Margaret.

Hi Margaret, This may be due to a build of ice behind the fridge panels, so you could try defrosting it completely. Unfortunately you would need to remove everything, turn it off and use a hair dryer to try to defrost it. Alternatively, I would recommend an engineer looks at this for you. Best Regards, Richard
Hi Margaret,I hope my advice has been useful, if so a positive rating would be appreciated.Best Regards,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a frost free fridge freezer, so no way to defrost it manually

Hi Margaret, That is true, but sometimes when a buildup of ice occurs behind the panel this will need to be dealt with as described above.But as mentioned alternatively, I would recommend an engineer looks at this for you. Best Regards, Richard