Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The fan assembly on my rangemaster classic 110, 6820 has

Customer Question

The fan assembly on my rangemaster classic 110, 6820 has rotted. The motor is fine just the fan part. How do I replace it.

The 4 brackets on the back of the oven have rotted and my husband is insure how to replace them to hold the fan

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you kindly give me a little more information. The fan assembly is fitted within a circular cowl/deflector which is subsequently fitted on to a square metal plate that screws into the back of the oven. Which part has rotted through, if you send me your email substituting @ with (a) I will send you a picture which should help you further identify the damaged area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The four small brackets holding the metal plate onto the back of the oven have rotted. These I presume were originally spot welders on when the cooker was built. , the fan centre has also rotted which is fine as we can replace that,

OK how damaged is the back plate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Non existent, We can buy a fan with a back plate but the trouble is fixing it to the back of the oven as the 4 small brackets which the plate attaches to have rotted. The cooker is about 12 years old which I don't think is that ancient and it cost a lot of money.

OK this is your best answer as the oven rear is not available as a spare part. Go to your local hardware store and buy the biggest flat washers together with some short bolts and locking washers, now bolt the new fan assembly with cowl and square plate to the back of the oven adjusting to lock the cowl in its central position tighten up when centralized. Connect up the fan electrics and check that the fan is free to run. That should do the job and give you a few more years. You are using the large flat washers to cover the damaged/rotted holes and give extra purchase.