Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Whirlpool AWM6145/3 machine. I was running it on

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool AWM6145/3 machine. I was running it on the Daily cycle and it stopped at the last cycle and the letters FP were on the display screen. What does this mean?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - FP means 'faulty pump' but may be that you have a blockage in the filter, the drain hose or between the sump of the drum and the pump. First thing is to check that the filter is not blocked up _ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian and thanks - I did take the filter out and it appeared to be clear, however when I put my fingers down the drainage pipe there was a green disc with fan like blades in there. I do not know if it should be attached to the base of the filter or if it should be attached somewhere else. This is sounding like it could be a rather expensive repair if in fact it is repairable - is it?
If you take the filter out and look in the housing you will see a cross like object, this is the impeller that pumps out the water. I you get a wooden spoon and gently try and rotate it it should move without too much restriction. Once you have done this with the filter out put the machine on a pump out and you should see it revolving. Come back to me when you have done this with the results. Cost of a new drain pump if you need one is about £25.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am at work and will have to do that tonight and come back to you tomorrow. I am concerned about this green object that seems to have been dislodged from somewhere - what could it be and where might it have come from?
If you could take a picture of the disc I will send you my email address and you can send up a copy for me to have a look at - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will do that this evening and send it tomorrow.
OK I am on this site this evening so if you send it later I will come back to you as soon as I get it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No home computer so will have to do it tomorrow from work.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian I checked the housing but there was no cross like object but in looking at the green plastic bit that was in the drainage pipe it has four blades coming off an centre circular band that should fit onto something and spin around. My colleague from work had a look and he says that it is the impeller and it has come away from whatever it was attached to. If that is the case then is this an expensive repair?
If you are able to use tools this is a relatively simple repair which I can take you through if needed, you will need a screwdrive/torx driver and a pair of pliers. If you dont feel happy doing it if you give me you postcode I can recommend someone to carry out your repair. As I mentioned earlier, the part will cost about £25 with a further £45 for labour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I best leave it to the experts! My postcode is NE20 9SR.
Ok here are two to choose from, I would contact them both explain your problem and see who is the swiftest and cheapest -
***** ***** on 01434 600964
Steve Dickson on 0191(###) ###-####
Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below to allow me to shut down the information request. Once done you can come back to me for further information at any time. Thanks for using JA and have a nice day.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian. Your advice has been invaluable.
A pleasure if you need further help just come back on here and I will be happy to help you further ~ Ian