Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a ZDM1630 1SA dishwasher which we have had .

We have a ZDM1630 1SA dishwasher which we have had for 18months. Unfortunately it is not washing very well there are always rinse streaks left in the cups, even when we have not used the 6 place setting level of articles. Obviously this started to happen about 4/6 weeks ago.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - are you still using rinse aid and salt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes we use Finish all in one Tablet and salt and rinse aid as we have all the tie we have had this machine. but all of a sudden it is doing the job.

OK when did you last do a descaler/cleaner through the appliance and are the spray bars rotating and clear of debris ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

About three weeks ago this is a regular routine. Now tell me something I'm not likely to have tried.

Is the water getting hot? and can you confirm that the spray bars are going round?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the water is getting hot and the it sounds as though the spray bar is going around.

OK well if the water is circulating, spray bar rotating water hot, drain pump pumping. You have got salt (which is the normal cause) and rinse aid then I would change your detergent and try Fairly pods. The crucial things here is that irrespective of pods or tablets if you dont have salt and rinse aid then quality of wash will deteriorate.