George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I tried to ask a question, but made a mess of my effort !!!

I tried to ask a question, but made a mess of my effort !!! Here I go with another effort .
I have a Hotpoint Fridge Freezer about 8 years old. It is an Iced Diamond RFA52.
The top section is still operating O.K. but the Freezer is a completely solid frozen block.
I cannot move the unit to get behind it, to where I believe it is plugged in. The only way I can think of dealing with it is to switch off all the mains power in the kitchen, letting it thaw and mopping up the resulting mess. Is there a more technical way??
Please advise.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

To defrost the freezer you need to turn the Temperature Adjustment Dial to the 0 position.
Leave the door open to make the defrost sequence faster.
Place towels at the base of the freezer to prevent too much leakage.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.