Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I am about to replace my Schreiber freezer model number 6214

Customer Question

I am about to replace my Schreiber freezer model number 6214 but cannot remember how the wooden door cover was fixed to the unit. Can anybody assist with instructions as to how this might be achieved.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries- if my memory serves me well the best way to get the door off is to remove the unit from its cabinet then release the hinges from the appliance and then you can see the screws that fit through the door hinges into the wooden door assembly. Remove these screws and the door is released. Be aware that there are two types of built in appliance, one where the door fits to the appliance (as is the case with yours and one where the door fits to the housing. Make sure you get the correct one.