Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an Electrolux EOD 980 and i am replacing the old

Hi, i have an Electrolux EOD 980 and i am replacing the old thermostat (diamond h type) with the new type ET5, the instructions given dont seem to apply to my oven.
It's a built in type and has a clockwork (mechanical) timer, not an electric one.
My original thermostat has conections 2, 6 , F, G, H.
And new stat has A, B,C
On my original stat there is a brown singel wire that goes to 6, a brown single wire that goes to a double spade connector on F and on the second part of double connector is a black wire from small power on indicator bulb on front of oven.
Then a single brown wire that goes to H and then piggy backs to 2.
So in which order do i connect to A B C?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you tell me which diamond H control you had originally. Could you also let me have the full new cooker control number, which should be two letters and two figures, the ET5 is just a generic model number. Could you also give me product code or pnc on the oven rating label.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, i am sorry but any numbers on old stat have faded beyond recognition, i can maybe make out a few digits if it helps at all? 927401 this may not be accurate as very difficult to read.
The number on my cooker manual says, EOD980W (serial number) is 12800004 and on the electrical connection point on the rear of the oven are the numbers PA223S, i hope this helps.
Ok we will have to do it old school, can you confirm that you have a wire that goes from the mechanical timer to one of the contacts on the original thermostat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, No wires from timer what so ever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive included a pic of old stat if it helps, ive snipped thermo couple off just for easier access, i hope you can view the pic, it might help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's worth mentioning, when the timer alarm goes off, it does not switch off oven, it is only an alarm reminder, it has done this since new, hope this helps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is another pic from another angle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new stat pic.
On the original which wire goes to the indicator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i forgot to connect one of the brown wires for my pic, here is a correct pic with wires as they were from factory.
The black wire on the double spade connector on F goes to the indicator.
The piggy back wires go from H to 2 and a single brown goes to 6, sorry for the delay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, please forgive me for my impatience, i have to leave for work in 30mins and unfortunately i wont be able to reply.
I appreciate your time and patience with me, but do you think we could resove my matter before i leave?
If not, can i continue later today after work?
I am based in the UK, so might be a time difference.
OK that makes more sense, now does the manual timer have any electrical connections that go to the original thermostat or is is just a pinger?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just a pinger, no wires.
OK thank you, ***** ***** is there is about seven different versions of this model each with different wiring looms and colours, since you are unable to give the full pnc or product code I can't fully identify your specific model. As you have found neither Diamond H or Electrolux are very helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so i that your conclusion? we can not solve this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to leave now, i will check here later, thanks.
From the horses mouth -
Remove connection 2 on old stat and connect to A on new stat. (Discard any link wire)
Remove from G old stat connect to b new stat
Remove from 6 old stat and connect to C new stat.
Tape up any spare wires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I actually tried this combo earlier today and before your reply, but i had to leave for work, so i could not reply and let you know my findings, but i can confirm that it appears to work fine.
So at least you have gave me confidence that the combo i chose was correct.
I will test oven at various temps when i get home, just to be sure, thanks.
OK would you now kindly rate my service to you so that I can close down the job, if you need more help you can come back to me later. Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.