Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

TOSHIBA ER7800 You may be surprised to know that our microwave,

TOSHIBA ER7800
You may be surprised to know that our microwave, which is about 20 years old, is still working...with the exception of the interior light.
How do I replace the bulb? Your help would be most appreciated.
Barbara in Devon.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - there seems to be no technical information available about this appliance so we will have to do it the old fashioned way. When the light was operating from where did it shine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea. No bulb is visible. The top inside has a large round plate which could be covering the source of the light.

OK are you able to get the microwave and place it on a table or worktop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not possible.

OK well your problem is that you have to take the cover off to replace the lamp, if you can't get so that you can work around it Im afraid you will have great difficulty changing the lamp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I will get someone to move it onto a table. What do they do then?

If you take the top off, screws around the back side and top. then you can see where the lamp is connected. Unscrew and replace then top back on. Now too difficult once you can work around the oven.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what type of bulb I will need.

That is the problem, because of its age there is no listing of a bulb, so its a case of getting the old one out and matching it up to its replacement. It may look like this one but there were various different ones fitted then -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microwave-Mounting-Bracket-Suitable-Universal/dp/B0011DWH6A