Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Our Bosch Exxcel 1400 Express will not spin. When i put

Our Bosch Exxcel 1400 Express will not spin. When i put the spin cycle on the time shows 11 minutes, it makes clicking noises for a couple of minutes then goes straight to 1 minute on the clock and the clothes are still very wet. The drum spins freely and the clothes are clean. The appliance is approx 12 years old. I have checked that there is nothing in the little box with the flap at the bottom right hand side on the front. (filter? the plastic dial/stopper unscrews and a small amount of water escapes)
Any suggestions?
Wendy
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly let me have the full ENr for this appliance, it is located in the door recess on a label. Secondly, if you rotate the drum by hand can you hear a clicking or just a gentle rubbing sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ENr. WF02865GB/01 FD 8302
Just a gentle rubbing sound
Thankyou
Thanks - first thing is to check the carbon brushes I have found you a youtube link that shows you how to do it, once you have checked the carbons come back to me.