Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

HiI have a Sterling searcher 2009 with the N175 fridge

Customer Question

Hi I have a Sterling searcher 2009 with the N175 fridge freezer the fridge is warm even with the settings bar to 5 digits , on gas battery or mains stil the same , I don't have no error codes showing it looks like the EES type Regards Paul **

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK can you get around the back of the unit and tell me if the black coils are warm or hot to the touch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use the caravan to stay in most of the time I work at Heathrow and van on site near there . So talking to you from home away from caravan sorry. Now the heat is coming out of the top vent very warm and the cabinet is warm to touch also also there's a funny smell I presume it's the coolant leaked
Does it smell like ammonia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes you could say that not nice rotten eggs bad food etc.
OK that confirms you diagnosis, the refrigerant used in these is ammonia which when released smell just like rotting eggs. Its toxic so open the windowns and fully air out. Sadly this makes the unit irrepairable without changing the complete cooling system which is usually unviable. Fraid its a new unit.
Would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to clear it off the system but once done lets you ask further questions if required. Regards ***** *****