Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My fridge-freezer is 3 or 4 years old. It's become very warm

My fridge-freezer is 3 or 4 years old. It's become very warm on the outside edge, next to the freezer door, in an area about 3 inches wide and 12 inches long. What's wrong and what should I do?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - nothing at all, this is an anti condensation heater that is built in to the cabinet of the appliance. It works much like an air curtain that blows warm air across a door opening in the winter to keep the heat in. In this case, its to keep the heat out and the cold in. If the appliance is working otherwise all is in order. Would you now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below, this lets me close down the job on the system whilst allowing you further questions on a free of charge basis. Many thanks for using JA and have a wonderful evening.